Friday, January 25, 2008

CHURCH service

A reoccurring thought that I have had over the last several years is... when I get to heaven I want to sit down with God and ask Him... "Did I have anything right?"

I mean I totally understand that the world would be a much better place if everyone I know just saw things a little more like I see them or acted a little bit more like me... but doesn't everyone feel that way at some time or another?

But I wonder if I have it right or someone else has it more right or if we all have it wrong or maybe we had it right once upon a time but have since really distorted what God intended for His church to be like. I can't help but wonder if our culture may have screwed it up a bit. Or have we drifted for hundreds of years only an inch at a time and now we find our churches miles away from its intended course.

The million dollar question in my simple mind is... Is there too much importance placed on the CHURCH service and maybe not enough importance placed on the SERVICE of the church?

1 comment: