Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Cinderella Wedding


Wow... it's been a month since I've actually written on this thing... thanks for the reminder Sandor. Anyway, lots has happened since I was here last. Back on May 31st the Andrews clan had one of the biggest shin-diggs we've ever had. In fact, it was the biggest ever. My little sister, Bethany, married my new brother-in-law, Jason Jones, in the most beautiful wedding that I have ever performed, been to, or even seen. The entire wedding party (which was huge... in number not in size) either went bare-foot or with flip-flops. I even wore a ministerial robe and flops myself.

Bethany and my dad came in on a carriage. She literally looked like a picture of Cinderella herself. The dude driving the carriage (white domed carriage drawn by a white horse) was decked out in a sweet white tux and top-hat. It was a very magic moment. Olivia read from 1 Corinthians 13, Jamie sang a song from Bethany to my dad, pops did the Communion, and it was just a great family affair.

Not only was it the most beautiful wedding... it was the most fun wedding. At the reception the entire Andrews' family danced until we literally had to pick up the dance floor and put it in Joel's truck to return it to the rental company. Of course... Olivia stole the show.

I am so happy for Bethany & Jason... they are a beautiful couple.

1 comment:

nola said...

Ohhh, it's sooo romantic, a wedding with a carriage, white horses, shiny harness...unforgettable experience on the unforgettable day of your life! Thank you for sharing!