Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Loving What You Do...

"Don't ask the question of 'what does the world need?'... instead ask the question, 'what makes me fully alive?'... then go do that because what the world needs most is men and women who are truly alive" Thoughts by John Eldredge, Paraphrase by Micah Andrews

I love being a daddy to two little girls. I love being from Alabama. I love the struggle to continually make my wife feel like she hung the moon. I love connecting the dots with and for other people. I love when people get it! That moment when all of the gears in the lock just click into place... when I play a part in that glassy-eyed look in others eyes because it all just made sense for the first time. I love connecting people to their inner passion.

When I lay down at night, nothing is more fulfilling and gratifying than to know I've spent all waking hours of my day doing what I love to do. My inside world is at peace.

Make a bold move. If you don't know what 'just does it' for you... quit running and stop, look around, make time to figure it out. You deserve to spend your life doing something that matters forever... no matter how small your role may seem or be.

I hope you find what makes you fully alive. Happy Trails.

2 comments:

Brandon said...

Hey boy...
I think this quote was taken from a theologian named Howard Thurman...
I ordered one of his books off of Amazon a few weeks ago - Jesus and the Disinherited
I will let you know how it is...
Much love

Mike Ege said...

Hey Micah - first time checking out your blog. I love your style. It is steeped in grace. Thanks for launching yourself out into the world with your thoughts. Way cool.