Thursday, May 8, 2008

What Time Is It?

Have you ever been in a jam with time? It seems like there is always more to do in a day than there are hours. What about a time crunch? Ever been there? Deadlines are what make the world much more interesting. Due dates are always accompanied by anticipation.

What about the expected due date of your first child? Or maybe the never ending battle of personal finances VS. the stack of bills... followed by the check or payday that is just in the nick of time. Or maybe even the much awaited phone call that you thought would never come. I heard it said once that "timing is much more important to God than time."

Acts 1:7-8 (The Message) says, "You don't get to know the time. Timing is the Father's business. What you'll get is the Holy Spirit. And when the Holy Spirit comes on you, you will be able to be my witnesses..."

I am reminded this morning to not sweat the time factors of today, or this week, or even of this lifetime. I'm looking for that line that says... "what you'll get is the Holy Spirit."

1 comment:

Brandon said...

Micah...
Man, this blog is God-ordained...
I am wigging out over timing...
As the school year is coming to a close, I am seriously reconsidering whether or not I am going to return back to Korea to teach for another year...
I am just so confused, I don't know what God wants me to do...
Eventually, the school I am teaching at right now will want to have an answer, and I am nervous/unsure about pursuing certain other options right now...
I get sad when I think of leaving this country - I feel like there is still so much to see and do...
However, if I am supposed to step out and do something else, I don't want to miss out on anything because of fear/uncertainty...
Basically, I am waiting on an answer from the Lord, and I scooted over to this blog to ask you to pray for me (which I still really would like for you to do)...
I wasn't expecting this encouragement (added bonus - cha ching!)
Great blog/reminder...
Anyways, if you think of it, please pray for me...
I know you have been in this position of transition, even to a much more extreme degree (as far I what I have observed from your writing), so I know you can relate...
I really just want to be exactly where God would have me be...
Much love
Brandon