Monday, September 15, 2008

Daddy & Olivia Day









Well, the time finally came. I had to "train my oldest in the way she should go". This past Saturday I took Olivia to her first Alabama game. She has tailgated with us several times and loves the environment of the BAMA Nation but this was her first exposure to the game environment.

It all started early Saturday morning as just me and Olivia went to the Waffle House for breakfast. She wanted to know more about the football game (I swear it was her idea). So I took out a pen and some paper and explained to her what a QB, Running Backs, Tight Ends, and Offensive Lines were all about. I explained the Coaching Staff and where the Cheerleaders would be and how first downs worked. Breakfast was great and how she and I combined ran up a $18 tab at WH I still don't understand.

When we got to Tuscaloosa later in the day we went shopping. We bought her "anything she wanted" and she picked a pink Alabama fleece and a pink Alabama visor. We bought our pom poms and even picked up some things for Ella. Then we made our way to the Quad to meet B and Jason. Olivia climbed the climbing wall, ran and played on the blow-ups and just had some kid fun... then came the serious business. What I had waited on was about to happen.

As we entered the stadium her little eyes were huge! There was so much to take in. She watched the band, we saw Grammie and Paw Paw, we bought snacks and made our way to our seats. As the game progressed she was all in to it. Every time Alabama would get a first down she would turn to me and yell, "First Down Alabama". When we scored, and it was often, she would give me a high-five and yell "TOUCHDOWN". She enjoyed the game but I learned a very valuable lesson... new things are to be experienced with family. I couldn't have had a better experience than with my baby girl... pink Alabama stuff and all.

3 comments:

Brandon said...

Dude...
Seeing these girls growing up is blowing my mind...
Has it been that long?

Joel Andrews said...

This does my heart proud!!! Wish I could've been there...you gonna be able to go to the Kentucky game? I'll be home that weekend, see ya'll soon!

IPM said...

Are you sure you weren't "contributing to the delinquency of a minor?" Man, she is growing up fast.

War Eagle,

Immanuel