Tuesday, September 2, 2008

The Great Escape...









Thank the Lord for long weekends. Saturday morning Karie and I woke the girls up and suprised them with a get-a-way vacation. We had their bags packed when they got up and didn't tell them where we were going. They were so excited! We ended up at Ruby Falls and Rock city and then a weekend in Chattanooga. Who knew Chattanooga had so much to offer? We had a blast and it was good for the Andrews' family to have a weekend escape.

As you can see, we also went on a cruise down the TN river on the Southern Belle (Karie and I had a flashback to Chi Cruise days) and we also took the girls on their first carriage ride... (they played like Aunt B at her wedding) and they even got to drive the carriage. We swam in the pool and just had a great weekend together. We also found out that Olivia can NOT walk down the street without jumping, scratching, or pulling on something. Ella is the accident prone baby and is a threat to spill her drink, have ice cream all over everything, or spill whatever shouldn't be on anything she is wearing. They are amazing and we had a blast.

4 comments:

Joel Andrews said...

Thanks for posting some pics. I miss you guys. I guess you will finally hook up the webcam about the time I come home. One question for you...did you get highlights or are you just that old??

The Cook Family Chronicles said...

Micah Andrews...so ya'll come to Chattanooga (20 minutes from Cleveland) and we don't see you! I am just teasing, but we would have loved to see you guys. Maybe someday soon! :)

Brandon said...

Dude...
I saw the brick bench and knew you went to Chattanooga before I even read the post!

RhiDesign said...

Karie - and Andrews family :)
What a beautiful family you have!!! Your girls are too cute! Don't they grow up so fast...-too fast!
Thanks for sharing your blog...I will visit often!
I let Israel in on it too!
Rhiannon