Tuesday, October 19, 2010

"light but not heat"


I read this statement last night that really caught me... Seth Godin referring to being graceful.

"Graceful is artistic, elegant, subtle, and effective. Graceful makes things happen and brings light but not heat."

I have found a new life trait that I want to capture. GRACEFUL. It makes me think of an old black & white movie with some guy that I don't know gliding across the floor with some long-haired blonde, moving seemlessly, almost in slow motion, nothing else in the room matters and barely seems to exist. GRACEFUL. The word itself just puts you at ease. But them comes the kicker - my life feels most days like anything but graceful. Chaotic, maybe. Hectic, maybe. Frantic, maybe. Some days I feel like I should have become a fireman since all I do is put out fires. I want to be a GRACEFUL leader. A man who is firm but fair. A man who shares light but not heat. Then comes the follow up quote from Godin...

"The thing is, no one is born graceful. It's not a gift, it's a choice."

No comments: