Friday, July 25, 2008

Where does the time go?


Its been almost three weeks since I posted last and have been blasted by several close friends because Ive given them nothing to read... just let me remind you that I really am not that important.

Anyway, I still LOVE my somewhat new job at The Foundry. I have hosted several youth groups in the past few weeks (from Baltimore, TN, Chicago & Tampa) through our volunteer office. Its been fun... I get to play youth pastor and all the kids go home at 5. In case you don't have teens... just know this, when traveling as a pack they have a very distinct smell... one that Ive been away from for several months now. But really, I loved it.

Karie, Olivia, & Ella are nearing the end of yet another summer. As I have a new work schedule I have not been around quite as much but we have had our weekends together and every night. It has been a very pleasant change of pace for the Andrews family. Summer vacation... where does the time go?

We have also made a decision recently to move. We've been on Dolly Ridge Road for almost 9 years now and it is time. Karie has done so much painting trying to get our house ready to put on the market. What an incredible mother and wife! We've decided to move to Trussville (here we come D & C). Ella starts to school this year and since all three of the ladies in my life are traveling to S'ville... we decided to put them closer. We are excited. Please pray for this one... its a big deal to me.

Lastly for this post... my redneck upbringing has once again influenced my decision making process. Shannon, Gary and myself are leaving out this afternoon to Indianapolis to the Motor Speedway for this weekends Brickyard 400. Yes I am... NASCAR to the core. Actually, its a lot more about hanging out with great friends that watching some of the nations most loyal sporting enthusiasts scream as there favorite car/driver ride in big circles all afternoon. But anyway, lets go JUNIOR 88!

Be sure to laugh today, smile as often as you can, tell everyone that is special in your life that you love them, and talk to Daddy... He knows.

1 comment:

Amy Elizabeth Robinson said...

Glad to hear things are good! Miss yall.