Tuesday, February 17, 2009

a mile in her shoes.


I was reminded today that my perception of someone else's reality doesn't necessarily equate reality. Think about it... how quick are you to judge someone just by their appearance? What about the tattooed guy eating lunch in the park? What about the mom with more kids than she can possibly provide for (14 total and 8 at one time)? Even in church, when someone walks past you what do most of us automatically do? We make an assumption.

I was reminded today that I don't know what it is like at someone else's house. I mean, it could be picture perfect. Everything is all together. No problems that are visibly evident. But what really happens when they all get home? Is there distance between them? Is there hurt between them? Its like the old saying, "Don't judge the book by its cover." I am unbelievably grateful that God looks at my heart instead of my actions or even my outward appearance... the frown, the look of despair, the image that we too often read in to.

You never know all of the circumstances unless they are yours. You never truly know until... you walk a mile in her shoes.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey, Big Micah,
It's Sissy. I found your blog through Chris' site. I've enjoyed reading along. You actually were one of the inspirations for me to start blogging too. It's mainly about life in good ol' Kimberly, AL, and how God has used those "old" experiences to teach me new things about Him.
The address couldn't be longer if I had tried, but...if you'd like to check it out sometime it's http://diaryentriesinanupsidedownkingdom.blogspot.com
Hope all is well with you and your beautiful family.
Hugs,
Sissy