Saturday, May 9, 2009

A Salute to Moms

Well, where would we be without moms? Answer: no where. We wouldn't be. I find it a bit funny that even as grown men we depend so much on our mothers. I have been so blessed to have almost 37 years with my mom. She is the strongest woman I have ever known. She is the most stern and compassionate woman all at the same time. She gives, gives, and gives. My mother makes every occasion a special one. From the amazing meals to hunting for Christmas presents. From Easter egg hunts to simple visits at a restaurant. Each time my family gathers... it is special, thanks to mom.

Then we marry and have children of our own. I wish I could understand the psychology behind men and their wives and their mothers. My mother knows me well enough to know when I need nurtured and so does my wife. My mother knows when I need encouraged, and so does my wife. My mother knows exactly how to treat me when I am sick, so does my wife. There's got to be something there. So, until I can figure all of this out, I just simply want to wish all mother's but especially my mother and my wife a Happy Mother's Day.

You both are simply the best!

No comments: