Monday, February 25, 2008

Day 1 of Unemployement


You ever seen a fish out of water? Well, that's me today. Karie took the day off from school and stayed home... the girls went to school and Karie and I went to get me a phone (by the way, my cell number will remain the same). We went for lunch and then went to see Karie's doctor and my great friend... Bill. We just stopped by to tell him thanks for being there for us during the past few months... no pregnancy news for those who might attempt to read between the lines.

But here I am... yesterday at Metro was more than I could have ever imagined. The people of my home church for the past twelve years were incredible. Their words of encouragement, their gifts, their support all gave me hope in the church. Karie and I had a day with a full range of emotions... sadness, joy, excitement, heartache, peace, and did I mention joy? I believe that is what you experience when you just know that your in God's hands. That's where we are at... in His hands.

I don't do well when I don't have a goal or something to strive toward so today was a little bit awkward for me. No job... no prize to run toward. Fortunately I will be busy for the remainder of the week.

I leave in two days for "Man-Cation" with my two friends Darrell & Elliot. We are going fishing in FL and I can hardly wait. What else can you do as an unemployed, 35-year old man? Go fishing... the job and ministry stuff are all shaking out but for this week... I'm taking a break and catching my breath. Keep us in your prayers.

And mom... I assure you that my long term plan is not to remain unemployed... and yes, you did raise me better than that.

Seizing the moment...

4 comments:

Sheril Brasher said...

Micah,
Call or email me. I am in need of a speaker for Mission Adventures in March and wanted to offer it to you if you are available. We will reimburse you for airfare and give you a special gift.

Call me for details!! (I need to know either way so I can make arrangements for you or for someone else.)

~ Sheril
sheril.brasher@ywamsdbaja.org
(619) 420-1900 ext 2308

Unknown said...

Miss ya already Buddy! Have a great time fishing...I'll shoot a bird or two for ya!
Tony

Chris Goins said...

We love you and we are praying for you...

You are an excellent man and we know that God has an incredible future in store for you.

Keep the faith.

Yours To Count On!
Chris

Bethany Edgeworth said...

Hope you had a great vacation. Keep us posted on your new endeavors! --Bethany