Friday, February 15, 2008

The Wait

Well, officially I have been a thing of the past at Metro for about nine days. Already it seems like an eternity. It has been so long since I looked for employment that I don't even remember it. Actually, when I was hired here at Metro it was an evolving process so I really never even "interviewed" unless you consider dinner with Kevin Kelley at Wings an interview. Not to mention the fact that I have been interviewing with "outside the church" organizations and companies. It's all new to me.

However, the people at Metro have been wonderful. So many conversations have ended... "just know we are praying for you and we support you." It has been quite suprising. I have received so many words of encouragement from people that I barely even know. I have tried to listen intently to every word. I want to soak them in and save them up because we are on a journey of which we have never been before.

Anyway, the anticipation from interview to interview and job offer to job offer have been a piece of the mix that I am not well equipped to deal with. It seems that no one gets in a real hurry to hire you these days. In fact, there have been moments of great anxiety about where my next paycheck will come from and when. But here's the cool part... just as those anxious moments occur, the Holy Spirit reminds me that He is leading this adventure and for me to relax. Just this week I was having one of my anxious peaks and I was reminded of a prayer that I prayed about 1 1/2 years ago. God was working on me about asking specifically. He sort of reminded me that "I have not because I ask not." So in my peak moment earlier this week, I began to ask God specifically for a job... the right job, the move that Karie and I need to plan for our future, the job that will enable me to step into new and developing ministries. After my small tyrade with the Lord God Almighty... I received a call less than two hours later asking me to "interview" with another organization. Who knows what God is up to but I will say this, there was a great peace knowing that doors are able to be opened at His will and in His timing.

So, where are we? Simply put... in His hands.

1 comment:

m.d. mcmullin said...

Hey Micah, I know you don't know me all that well, but i appreciate where you are. Angeline and I are making a similar change of direction in ministry. There seem to be a whole lot of people in our age group that are leaving staff-positions at churches for other avenues of ministry. I think God is stirring something in many of us. May God bless and your family during this time.