Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Merry Christmas


Well, I have to admit that this is truly my favorite time of the year. In what I am now doing job-wise... I get to see God showing off a little bit for just being Him. This year at Christmas has been over the top. At The Foundry, I have seen an outpouring of Him in some pretty practical ways. Just for example... we do this thing called Gifts of Hope where we collect gifts for our residents' children. These guys and gals have been here with us for quite a few months and have had no income and therefore have no means of buying gifts for their children. Well, that fell to me to handle this year.

I didn't really solicit any group but rather just let people be aware as they asked what our Christmas needs were. The God showed up. Every resident at The Foundry who needed assistance got huge bags full of toys for their children and we even were able to bless families within the community that just couldn't make it this Christmas without some help.

All in all... somewhere between $5,000-$6,000 dollars worth of toys were distributed to more than 131 children. Thanks for any of you who gave. Thanks be to God for making it all happen. He really is the reason for the season.

To all of our family and friends... throughout the year we may not call, return calls, or see you that often but be reminded this Christmas season that Karie, Olivia, Ella and I think of you often and love and cherish you.

Merry Christmas and Blessed New Year.

No comments: