Monday, December 1, 2008

Rammer Jammer...


Well, after a long dry spell in the great state of ALABAMA my beloved Crimson Tide has finally come alive. I have waited patiently and for the most part quietly for more than 2,190 some odd days for this very weekend. Some might read that figure and think of auburn's past dominance but I read that number just before I mention these numbers.

36-0

Complete domination! auburn looked like a 4A high school team up against ALABAMA. BAMA had total control. The week prior to the game I kept hearing that BAMA was a two touchdown favorite. How about a five touchdown favorite? I heard that ALABAMA had not played a defense of the caliber of auburn's defense. Please tell me that was a joke? Two words that I just can't use in the same sentence is auburn's defense. Two more words... auburn's offense. Am I loving it all right now? You better believe it. After all of that trash talk I have received from auburn fans for the last few years... please, just please, take your verbal lashings from the BAMA nation because auburn got crushed. And one more thing, I have been overwhelmed in just two short days of the BAMA thrashing by auburn fans turned gator fans.

I wonder if they are actually listening to themselves? I say ROLL TIDE and they say... watch out for florida. I say 36-0 and they say... watch out for tebow. How quickly they jump ship when tommy takes them downstream! For all of you former auburn fans... I really don't care about florida. An SEC championship would be great and a chance to play for the national championship would be ever better. But my reality is this. ALABAMA has only 9 scholarshipped seniors graduating, one of the best incoming classes for next year and a coach who simply knows what he is doing. Everyone says that "we are ahead of schedule". Whatever that means. I say... it's good to be at the top. The future in Tuscaloosa is bright as ever and regardless of what happens this coming Saturday...

we still beat auburn 36-0. Rammer Jammer.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! Talk about pent up hostility... Man... I hear they're offering a special on auburn anger management at one of the nearby clinics...

Just kidding, man. Congratulations on an incredible regular season by AL. I've been amazed by the job accomplished by Sabin and the Crimson Tide.

As a loyal UT fan, I will be cheering for AL this Saturday as they take on Florida. After all, loyal TN fans have much animosity and hatred for UF...

So, as hard as it may be for a Big Orange fan to say, ROLL TIDE.

Anonymous said...

Roll Tide! Total domination!

Joel Andrews said...

Roll Tide. I hate that I couldn't be there. While reading your post I couldn't help but remember all the loyal years we spent standing in the student section for hours waiting to see the Tide Roll...it makes this past weekend even sweeter. Know that I was there in spirit...I've even been able to turn some nurses and docs at G'town into Bama fans (even the one who had the audacity to ask me, "what was the name of that old coach you guys had that wore the famous hat??") Roll Tide!!!