Sunday, December 28, 2008

the Beauty of Christmas












After traveling across the grand state of Alabama, the Andrews' Christmas has finally come to an end. With visits from Uncle Nolan and Uncle Joel, a dirty Santa toilet seat for mom (not to be confused with mom's dirty toilet seat), our first Christmas in our new home, and a special visit from Saint Roy (a.k.a. Big Paw Paw) we could not imagine how we could be more blessed this holiday season. I have always heard that as you get older and have children that your Christmas really becomes more about them and fight that notion as I tried... it is true. Ella's new big girl bike and massive doll house all the way to Olivia's Wii we have had so much fun playing with the girls. Who knew you could develop Wii elbow? My wrist hurts, my shoulder went out on about my fourth pitch, and I literally worked up a sweat playing nine holes of Wii golf.

But when it has been all said and done, my greatest gift this Christmas has been the friends who know me and still call me friend and the incredible family I have been so richly blessed with. Speaking of family... I keep waiting for some reality tv crew to show up and film my family during the holidays. We are definitely the red-neckersons. I hope everyone who reads this has a wonderful New Year and may all of God's blessings flow to you and yours.

1 comment:

Phil & Evie said...

Great family photos. We love you guys. Happy New Year.

Evie