Saturday, January 17, 2009

happy Anniversary to me...

one year ago today...

I experienced one of the most bitter-sweet moments of my entire adult life. As I have gone throughout my day today I have reflected back to the one day and even the one moment that truly changed the course of my families future. One year ago today, I sat alone on the beach conversing with God. It was a very private moment and a deeply personal moment. I guess from the time I sat down until the time I had some clarity it probably totalled somewhere between 20-30 minutes. Karie and I had felt these inner nudges but really couldn't figure out what they were all about. You see, I was living out my dream. I had a great job, surrounded by amazing people, and I worked for the Almighty. But we were so unsettled. We knew something was up but just couldn't put it all together. THEN... January 17th... the moment of clarity. As I sat there I sensed in a crazy-real kind of way that God was speaking to me. I didn't hear Him but I heard Him... (that's wild I know). As Daddy spoke to my heart I felt this... "If you trust Me... step out." Followed by "Draw a line in the sand." So I did. The past year has been a whirlwind.

We didn't really step out in faith but more like ran as fast as we could toward the cliff, knowing it was a cliff, blind-folded, and just held hands and jumped! We left our comfort and the life we adored to pursue the next chapter. Little did we know that nine months later I would have a new job, our family would have a new church, we would move across town and we would have literally hundreds of new faces in our life. Happy? Not so much at first. Mainly confused mixed with a lot of trust and dependence. Happy? Now... more than I can possibly begin to describe. We love all the people that come into our life. It is like a new friendship every single day. So in the words of Pete Carroll... we've come to wake up every day "expecting something amazing to take place."

one year ago today...

No comments: