Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Under The Influence 2

As I have thought about it all over the past several days... there are quite a few more men that have been incredibly influential in my life... so I continue. And just for the record there is no specific order.

Randy Sheeks - Randy taught me how to fear riding with others. Among other things, he also was a great example of organization and excellence. Except for his desk he always seemed to have it together. He taught me that laughing could possibly be a spiritual gift. We laughed a lot together. He has shown me how to carry and present myself with a Godly dignity and was the greatest picture of integrity. A great man.

Joe Mayeux - After spending almost every Thursday morning with Joe for more than a year... he taught me how to be a great husband. Through his teaching and through his example. He poured into my life in so many ways. He is one of those tender warrior types that you aspire to be like. A great man.

Darrell Garrett & Elliot Hicks - Wow. Almost ten years ago, who knew? These two guys in tandem allowed me to see what real friendship is all about. They saw the real me and chose to still call me friend. I can't really explain it... it's like a brotherhood in and of itself. With these two, I know if I go to battle... they've got my back. They have proven that time and time again. Two great men.

Jerry Hart - My father in law. A man that can do anything. He's been a resource like no other. When I break something... he tells me how to fix it. At an early age he invested into my life always teaching me. He trusted me when I didn't appreciate it. He has taught me more that just about anyone else in my life about being a handyman (not that I'm all that handy). Most importantly he trusted me with his daughter. A great man.

Tim Brown - Tim taught me that some people in this world do get it. He is one of the most sincere men I have ever known. He lifted me up so many times when I needed it most. He too believed in me. I have said many times that there are few pastors that I would love to work with... Tim Brown is tops on that list. A great man.

This may continue for a third season and if it does... just read and smile.

No comments: