Friday, August 8, 2008

2008 Olympics


Well, I have always heard the saying, "it's not what you know but it's who you know." For the first time in my simple life I actually know someone competing in the Olympics... and he's a big time player!

About seven or eight years ago I had this lanky, good looking kid in my youth group named Trey Hardee. He was a quiet and yet seemingly solid young man whose family I adored. In fact I had the priveledge of marrying his older sister, Eden, and her husband Josh a few years back... he's a fighter pilot and I must say that it was one of the most memorable weddings that I have ever been a part of. Josh and his Navy buddies are men among men.

Anyway, Trey graduated from Vestavia then went on to Mississippi State on a track scholarship and eventually landed at the University of Texas. He grew as did his talent and abilities and Karie and I have followed him closely through the years.

Anyway, Trey made the Olympic Team and will be competing in the Men's Decathalon on August 22nd throughout the day. Say a prayer for Trey and watch him as he competes for the gold!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

GO TREY!!!

BTW... thanks for the newsletter! You da' man!

Phil