Thursday, August 7, 2008

First Day of School


Well, it has finally happened. My nest is empty! I no longer have a child not in school. Today, Karie went back to school, Olivia had her first day in second grade and my baby Ella started K4. This was a big day for Ella. If you know her then you know how shy she can be. Her K4 class is just like regular school. They stay all day, eat in the lunchroom, do work/activities, have snack (which ironically was my second favorite subject in school... my favorite was girls), have PE and all kinds of stuff. So the test was early as Karie dropped Ella off for the first time...

And as my baby girl would have it... she walked right up to her teacher and told Karie goodbye (with only a slight hesitation) and began her young academic career in fine form. She's an Andrews' so I don't know what I would have expected otherwise. I just hope she takes after her Uncle Joel.

After school when I asked her how her day was... she replied, "we painted, played on the playground, and I want to go back tomorrow"... to which I replied... "it's a good thing."

Oh, and by the way... Karie and Olivia also had great days. Liv is my social butterfly and once she warms up she's good to go. I can hardly believe she is a second grader. Oh well, somebody's getting old (but don't tell Karie I said that).

3 comments:

Amy Elizabeth Robinson said...

Two sweet girls! I'm glad they had a great to start to their year. That's so good that Ella did great.

Phil & Evie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Phil & Evie said...

I'm so glad the girls are loving school. I am ready for my bunch to start was well. Blake goes in on Monday. Anna Brooke also is going into VPK4 in Sept. Miss you guys. Evie