Thursday, August 21, 2008

Lightning Strikes Twice?


A few months ago I wrote about witnessing a terrible motorcycle accident near where I work. You may remember that a motorcycle police officer was hit by a van whose passengers just happened to be two clowns. Well, a few streets over on the campus of where I work (The Foundry www.thefoundryonline.org) I was a first hand witness of another accident yesterday.

I was crossing the street with a few of our residents when out of the corner of my eye I saw a gentleman riding his bike... in a split second a van turned into him and hit the older man and flipped him over the hood of the van. I heard the man yell out and immediately the van gunned it! It was a hit and run right before my eyes. I was stunned and frozen in my tracks for a brief moment but quickly came to my senses. As the van sped off my attention turned to the man in the street. Someone started with him and I just reached down and picked up his bike and got them both out of the middle of the road.

The rescue unit and officers were on the scene quickly and fortunately the man was just cut up a bit... nothing major except his bike was messed up and we were all mad as fire about the person in the van making a run for it.

Here's the moral of this story... if you are the captain of any two wheeled vehicle or any mode of transportation with two wheels... stay away from me! The chances that you will be in some sort of accident may increase simply by being near me or Bessemer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Micah, as a biker I would never have let you come to Ireland if I had known you had this weird anointing.

How are you, man?

Nick Park