Sunday, August 17, 2008

Life to It's Fullest...

When I was in college my mother sent me a letter (pre-email) and was basically doing her best as a mom to lift my spirits. First of all, she called me her "rough son". To this day I'm not sure if that was a compliment or a slam. Most importantly she told me that she loved my ability to "seize the day". As I have grown older that has really stuck with me. Truthfully, there are many days that I go through the motions only to realize that I didn't seize the day but rather the day seized me. I'm usually not in the best mooods after those days. But this morning Chris Hodges at Highlands made the statement that "Faith is an attitude". There was so much more to the message but I got hung up there. I truly want to live life like each day is the last one. Cliques like "leave it all on the field come to mind". And with that said... here's where we are at.

A2 lauched tonight and it was great to see so many friends. It was even more great to worship with Janet & Tony. I forgot how much I missed Chris' teaching. I truly love that guy. He's a true example of a man who strives for God's heart. A2 will make a difference in Birmingham.

We found a house. We call it the Highland House. This neighborhood is in Trussville and really is the entire reason we chose to sell our house and move out there. The exterior color of the house is terrible. The interior colors of the house make us sick... but the house itself is exactly what we've been looking for. It's a good thing that paint is cheap. Who knows... maybe we'll put an offer in? Speaking of offers, we are receiving an offer on our house tomorrow night! We are prayerful that it is along the lines of what we are asking. Only 6 days on the market and we have an offer! We'll see what will happen.

The job... those words are so not what is happening at The Foundry. I truly have found that next step in my life. I love the team I work with. I love the residents at The Foundry. If you haven't ever gone there... go to www.thefoundryonline.org

Olivia and Ella both have amazing teachers. They are already loving school. Ella asks if she can go back? I guess one day she'll realize she really doesn't have a choice.

Anyway, things are really rocking for our family. When you pray... pray for our house transition. Also pray that every day we will remember to "Seize The Day". I pray that you will.

No comments: