Tuesday, April 1, 2008

The Shack... (sounds like a great Alabama BBQ place)


I normally don't post twice on the same day but I am way behind of what I want to share. My computer doctor just informed me this morning that I needed a transplant of the hard drive so I am back at the library today. (To all of my new friends at CC-Nash... glad you are here today).

I have just added a link under the "bloggers r us" section to a book I have just finished called The Shack. When you get a chance go check it out.

I just want to pass on a few lines that inspired me personally as I read this fictional book by William P. Young... I hope you find it interesting.

(this is written from the perspective of God having a conversation with this guy named Mack)

"Humans try to control behavior largely through expectations... because I have no expectations, you never disappoint me."

"I don't just want a piece of you and a piece of your life. Even if you were able, which you are not, to give me the biggest piece, that is not what I want. I want all of you and all of every part of you and your day. I don't want to be first among a list of values; I want to be at the center of everything. When I live in you, then together we can live through everything that happens to you."

ENJOY!

No comments: