Saturday, April 26, 2008

Crossover...


I love the few games each year when the NL bouts against the AL in MLB. I also love the reality shows that pit celebrities in "out of their place" type environments... such as the new CMT hit show Gone Country. And dare I not mention the episodes of Crossroads that pair such famous acts like Bon Jovi & Sugarland, Ricky Skaggs & Bruce Hornsby and Maroon 5 and Sara Evans.

Well, tonight, Karie and I have just returned home from a similar duet matching two completely different worlds of music. We attended with some of our dear friends the Alison Krauss and Robert Plant concert. My take on the whole thing is somewhat different from Karie's. She found ways to remain entertained while I was amazed at the vocals of Alison Krauss, her amazingly talented band and the rock icon Robert Plant.

I was a little star struck to think of the large number of people that have been influenced by one man... Robert Plant. It was cool. To hear some of the great Led Zepplin tunes played in a bluegrassy fashion was a great treat. If you get a chance to see this show... I highly recommend it. Check them out at www.robertplantalisonkrauss.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

dude... i'm jealous